Web Developer (All Levels Drupal)
We are significantly expanding our CMS and e-Commerce team and we are looking for all levels of Fullstack / Frontend / Backend Drupal Developers to join us and to take part on the design, implementation and maintenance of our clients websites.
Who we are
Since 2001, we’ve delivered and hosted nearly 1,000 websites and online systems. But we’re more than a digital agency.
We use creative thinking, digital innovation and collaborative problem-solving (and 20 years of know-how) to help our clients communicate better with their audiences and achieve their goals.
We’re a fully-remote company operating mainly across the UK and Greece.
We are looking to significantly expand our Greek branch of the CMS and e-Commerce team and we are looking for all levels of Fullstack / Frontend / Backend Drupal Developers to join us and to take part in the design, implementation and maintenance of our clients’ websites.
- Take part in the design and implementation of new Drupal 10 web-sites.
- Take part in the maintenance of existing Drupal 8 / 9 / 10 websites.
- Develop customizations (themes, modules etc) for Drupal 8 / 9 / 10.
- Convert wireframes and designs into fully responsive and accessible Drupal 8 / 9 / 10 themes.
- Provide technical solutions, maintenance and support services for existing websites.
- Investigate and adapt new technologies.
- Provide documentation for the provided solutions.
- Produce efficient object oriented code following best coding practices and design patterns.
- Test delivered code using test frameworks.
- Cross browser testing where needed.
Essential skills (depending on role and experience)
- Proven experience on building websites using Drupal 8/9/10.
- Proven experience of custom Drupal 8/9/10 module/theme development.
- Strong programming skills in PHP.
- Familiarity with composer, drush and/or drupal console.
- Able to hand code standards compliant HTML5, CSS3 responsive websites which functions seamlessly in all browsers and various devices.
- Able to hand code WCAG 2.1 AAA compliant websites.
- Experience of working collaboratively with both creative designers and web developers.
- Eager to explore and suggest new development techniques.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Git and Gitflow.
- Sql / MySql.
- Strong understanding of business requirements.
- Proactiveness to provide solutions for potential future issues – effective communication internally and externally whenever needed.
- Strong time management skills.
- Efficient communication with the members of the Development and other teams.
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of supporting and providing guidance to junior team members.
- Linux and shell scripting experience.
- Experience with pattern lab or storybook.
- Active member of the drupal community.
- Designing/implementing semi/fully decoupled solutions for Drupal 8, 9, 10.
- Hands-on experience with Symfony.
- Experience on building websites using Wordpress.
- Experience of building custom Wordpress plugins/themes.
- RESTFull web-services, JSON and GraphQL APIs.
- Knowledge of User Experience concepts and best practices.
- Experience working with Jira and Bitbucket.
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Generous training and personal development
- A friendly work environment where you are encouraged to share your experience, learn from others and further develop your career
- Friday drinks at 4pm over Zoom
- Twice a year company meetups in Greece (yes, we do love the sunshine!)
- 35 days of annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Company laptop / equipment
- Fully remote and flexible working arrangement
- Performance related bonus scheme
How to apply
CIVIC is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and communities irrespective of age, transgender status, disability, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and religion or belief. All our hires are made on skills and merit. Please let us know if you have an impairment and require reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
Send your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com (examples of work are also desirable).
Note: only candidates with a suitable profile will be contacted for further discussions about the position.
No Agencies please: we will not be accepting applications via recruitment agencies for this role.