Senior User Researcher
We’re looking for a self motivated, experienced, Senior User Researcher to deliver our range of UX projects and help grow our UX team. You will ideally have 3+ years experience conducting UX research, growing client relationships and being a general champion of the user!
About the job
In this role, you will be taking a user centric approach to produce innovative and inspiring client outcomes across the spectrum of research and design engagements. Reporting directly to the Head of UX, you’ll work closely with our clients, to understand their business requirements, define their user needs and help them imagine, deliver and create outstanding experiences and digital products!
You will lead user experience design projects for our clients in a wide range of sectors as well as working within project delivery teams, providing UX expertise as a project moves from discovery to design, development and testing.
You will need to deliver your expertise with genuine enthusiasm and an attention to detail that enables clients to better understand their customers and inspires them to implement your recommendations.
Responsibilities will include:
In short… you’ll be working alongside a cross-functional team to research, define and translate business and user needs into engaging experiences.
Day to day will involve:
- Designing end-to-end user-centred services, from one off user testing projects to full service design approaches
- Working closely with clients to apply a design-led approach to solve client problems and articulating why such an approach is most effective in meeting their business challenges
- Being responsible for designing, facilitating and reporting on all types of user research methods, from gathering requirements in workshops/focus groups, through to observing users in ethnography, and testing designs in face to face user testing (and much more!)
- Defining content and structuring new information architectures based on your research
- Reviewing and analysing existing systems and processes to identify potential problem areas
- Owning and creating high quality deliverables, including personas, user journey maps, experience maps, wireframes, prototypes, user stories and other experience design deliverables
- Owning and growing client relationships, seeking out opportunities for upsells
- Supporting business development activities in the scoping and planning phases of a project as well as support in proposal writing
- Supporting the continual education of UX through training junior staff to writing thought leadership pieces (blogs etc)
You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re looking for people who are natural initiative-takers that bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Desired skills and experience
Our ideal candidate would possess many of the following skills and experience:
- You’re big on human-centred design – you understand its philosophies, trends, and methods
- You’ve been planning, conducting and reporting on all the various user research methods for years eg: usability testing, focus groups, co-design workshops, stakeholder workshops, ethnographic research, information architecture, content audits, diary studies, card sorts etc
- A have solid stakeholder management skills
- An academic background in UX, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Psychology, or similar
- You’ve worked across various business sectors and able to discuss the strategic commercial impact of user experience and customer-centred design to all levels of stakeholders
- Professional consultancy skills to provide clients with insights and designs that significantly improve their business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey the findings from your research or experience design proposals
- Your comfortable working to deadlines and handling multiple projects effectively, and work well with others in a team or individually
- Experience delivering in agile teams
- You’ve spoken at or keen to champion UX and our approaches through conferences and meetups
- Lastly, you have a working knowledge of Accessibility standards WCAG 2.1
We’d be delighted if you had a creative flair, with experience in prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite, etc...not a requirement but a nice to have!
What we’re offering
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Company pension contribution and salary sacrifice options
- Child tax credits
- Generous training and personal development
- A friendly work environment where you are encouraged to share your experience, learn from others and further develop your career
- Friday drinks at 4pm over Zoom
- Twice a year company meetups in Greece (yes, we do love the sunshine!)
- 35 days of annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Company laptop / equipment
- Fully remote and flexible working arrangement
- Performance related bonus scheme
How to apply
If you are keen to work on a variety of projects, utilise your experience in your various user research methods, showoff your amazing analysis skills and would relish the opportunity to help us shape our UX outputs, then we’d like to know more about you!
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org