Senior / Lead UX Consultant
We’re looking for a self motivated, experienced, Senior UX Consultant to deliver our range of UX projects and help grow our expanding UX team. You’ll ideally have 4+ years experience conducting UX research, growing client relationships and being a general champion of the user.
About the job
In this role, you’ll be taking a user centric approach to produce innovative and inspiring client outcomes across the spectrum of research and design. Reporting directly to the Head of UX, you’ll work closely with our clients, to understand their business requirements, define their user needs and help them imagine, deliver and create outstanding experiences and digital products.
You will lead user experience design projects for our clients in a wide range of sectors as well as working within project delivery teams, providing UX expertise as a project moves from discovery to design, development and testing.
You will need to deliver your expertise with genuine enthusiasm and an attention to detail that enables clients to better understand their customers and inspires them to implement your recommendations.
Roles and responsibilities
In short… you’ll be working alongside a cross-functional team and be responsible for designing and running user research that translates business and user needs into engaging experiences.
- Applying design-led approaches to solve client problems and be able to articulate why such an approach is most effective in meeting client business challenges
- Identifying customer KPI’s and developing a research approach towards addressing those
- Designing, planning and running end-to-end user-centred services; from one-off user testing through to full service design projects
- Running service design activities on projects, including designing & facilitating workshops, co-creation sessions, user interviews
- Reviewing and analysing user behaviours to identity solutions across all channels
- Own and create high quality deliverables from detailed reports through to persona's, user journey maps, experience maps, wireframes, prototypes, user stories and other experience design deliverables
- Own and grow client relationships, seeking out opportunities for sales
- Support business development activities in the scoping and planning phases of a project as well as support in proposal writing
You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
We’re looking for people who are natural initiative-takers that bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
Desired skills and experience
Our ideal candidate would possess many of the following skills and experience:
- Is big on human-centred design – you understand its philosophies, trends, and methods
- Has a strong understanding and hands-on experience running user research methods first hand (not through observing others doing the hard work!) and developing engaging outputs
- Have solid stakeholder management skills
- Experience in interaction design, service design, ethnography, usability testing, co-design workshops, stakeholder workshops, information architecture, content audits, etc
- Business acumen and ability to adapt to various business sectors and discuss the strategic commercial impact of user experience and customer-centred design
- Professional consultancy skills to provide clients with insights and designs that significantly improve their business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey the findings from your research or experience design proposals
- Comfortable working to deadlines and handling multiple projects effectively, working well with others in a team or individually
- The ability to design, run and/or utilise outputs of quantitative and qualitative user research
- Experience delivering in agile teams
- A commitment to continued personal and professional development
Nice to have
A working knowledge of Accessibility standards WCAG 2.1
- Spoken at or keen to champion UX and our approaches through conferences and meet-ups
- We’d be delighted if you had a creative flair, with experience in prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe suite, etc...not a requirement but a nice to have!
What we’re offering
- A competitive salary
- Private health care
- Company pension
- Generous training and personal development
- Supportive, innovative, skilled and enthusiastic colleagues
- A friendly work environment where you are encouraged to share your experience, learn from others and develop your career
- Flexible working arrangement
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Child tax credits
How to apply
If you are keen to work on a variety of projects, utilise your experience in your various user research methods, show-off your amazing analysis skills and would relish the opportunity to help us shape our UX outputs, then we’d like to know more about you!
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (portfolio too if you have one).