Linux System Administrator
We are looking for a Linux system administrator to join our team. As part of the company’s Operations Team you will install, administer, document, monitor and troubleshoot the hosting infrastructure and other services of the company.
About the Role
We create, build, host and maintain large scale websites and applications.Our projects are client-driven and tend to be vary varied in style and technologies used. We provide managed hosting on our own servers as well as the Cloud.
We work well with generalists who love variety and like to expand their skill set. Knowledge is good to have, but we much prefer the ability to look something up in the documentation.
- Creative problem solving.
- Love of variety.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- BASH and Python programming skills: you should at least be able to understand a well-commented script and make changes.
- Debian Linux administration: you should know how to install packages, configure the system and use its documentation.
- Comfortable with networking concepts.
Skills We Appreciate
We value hands-on experience in any subset of these. If you feel like learning any of the rest, we can provide exposure and help:
- Experience with data-centre work: racking, cabling, hot-swapping, documenting.
- Configuration Management with Terraform and Salt.
- Git and gitlab.
- The Apache web server.
- Web application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, PHP-FPM)
- Databases. We use lots: MySQL, Percona, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, and even a little Oracle.
- Virtualisation and containers using libvirt, LXC, AWS, and OpenStack.
- The HAProxy load balancer.
- Storage (RAID) and Storage Area Networks (iSCSI, DRBD, Multipathing)
- A wide range of protocols, services and technologies like like DNS, Email, NFS, LDAP, VRRP, routing, VLANs, OpenVPN, firewalling.
- Monitoring: Icinga, Grafana, and Kibana, possibly Zabbix.
What We Are Offering
- Competitive salary
- Private healthcare
- Company pension contribution and salary sacrifice options
- Child tax credits
- Generous training and personal development
- A friendly work environment where you are encouraged to share your experience, learn from others and further develop your career
- Friday drinks at 4pm over Zoom
- Twice a year company meetups in Greece (yes, we do love the sunshine!)
- 35 days of annual leave
- Your birthday off
- Company laptop / equipment
- Fully remote and flexible working arrangement
- Performance related bonus scheme
How to apply
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com