Cookie Control Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using Cookie Control.
- Cookie Control is brought to you by Civic Computing Ltd, generally known as "CIVIC".
- The Cookie Control name, logo, and code is copyright of "CIVIC", as is the content on this website.
- Cookie Control is provided free of charge and without warranty or guarantees of any kind. We've undertaken reasonable testing with Cookie Control but it's still possible that in some browser configurations problems could come up.
- Our Pro license plans require an annual subscription fee. By signing up to a Pro license plan you authorise Civic Computing Ltd. and our payment gateway partner to send instructions to the financial institution that issued your card to take payments from your card account in accordance with the terms of your agreement with us. The annual fee will be clearly displayed on the download page at the moment of sign up and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
- Only one Community (free) license of Cookie Control is allowed per user.
- You're free to use Cookie Control PRO and Multi-site PRO on as many websites as you like. The Community edition can be downloaded only once per email address.
- Please retain the Cookie Control icons, name, colour scheme and a link to Cookie Control. If you need to modify the appearance of Cookie Control please consider using our Pro version
- We do care about our intellectual property and will take action if you pass the solution off as your own.
- Please do not modify our code without our explicit permission.
- We do not accept any liability for non-compliance with EU / UK legislation. Cookie Control alone may not be enough to guarantee compliance with regulations and responsibility for this is not ours.
- If Cookie Control proves to not be suitable for your requirements we would be happy to refund your payment. However, we ask you to let us know within 14 days of the day of purchase. Any charges that result from your credit company may be withheld from your original payment.
- CIVIC will not share the subscribed email addresses with any third-party entities. CIVIC may use the subscribed email addresses only for important updates about Cookie Control. You may revoke your consent anytime by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
When is legal advice not legal advice?
We've taken pains to have the solution assessed for compliance with the legislation by legal experts (who say it's fine) and as non-lawyers we think it fits the bill. But the fact remains, we're not lawyers.
We recommend that you read the ICO guidance for yourself and take action on the basis of that.
By using our website or services, you understand and agree that all resources we provide are “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that the use of our website, products, services or information that you obtain from it will meet your needs or requirements. Although we are making a great effort the use of our resources may be uninterrupted due to various technical reasons and some times these may not be timely, secure or free from errors. Any defects in the operation or functionality of any service, product or information we provide sometimes may not be repaired or corrected.
It is important, you understand and agree that: Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our website, services or products is downloaded or obtained at your own discretion and risk. You are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content. No information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from CIVIC or through anything we provide will create any warranty, guarantee or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in these Terms.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with our Disclaimer as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us will be limited to an amount equal to fifty per cent (50%) of any fees or charges paid for any Cookie Control related services provided by CIVIC in that calendar year if any, for using our products, website and/or services. CIVIC will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of using our products or services or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws allow.